Operating SystemAvailable with Windows 10 Pro - for a smooth, versatile PC experience.
The power to keep up with your ideas.
Put your senses in high gear.
Reliability where it matters most
Stay safe, stay secure
Reduce downtime with Dell Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro. Designed to work with ECC memory, RMT protects your machine from potential crashes by mapping out bad memory locations after the system reboots.
Reliably access your data
Improve the availability of your data with hardware and software optional RAID storage options including PCIe NVMe SSDs.
Your work can count on it
Precision Workstations are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. Dell ISV-certifications cover the most popular independent software applications.
Ports & Slots
Dimensions & Weight
- One or two Intel® Xeon® processor Scalable family CPUs with up to 28 cores per processor and Intel Advanced Vector Extensions, Intel Trusted Execution Technology, Intel AES New instructions, Optimized Intel Turbo Boost and optional Intel vPro™ technology
- Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
Enterprise Linux® 7.3
Ubuntu Linux 16.04
NeoKylin 6.0 SP3 (China only)
- Intel® C621 (Lewisburg)
- Six channel memory up to 1.5TB 2667MHz DDR4 ECC memory with dual CPUs, up to 3TB with select CPU SKUs
24 DIMM Slots (12 DIMMs per CPU). Note: memory speed is dependent on specific Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable processor installed
- Support for 4 PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphics cards, 1 - up to 750W with maximum of 3 x 250W double width graphics cards in 3 slots (dual CPU configuration) and up to 2 x 375W cards 220VAC input supply recommended for 750W configurations and some restrictions apply
High end 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
Radeon™ Pro SSG (future)
NVIDIA Quadro GP100
NVIDIA Quadro P6000
NVIDIA Quadro P5000
Mid-range 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
Radeon™ Pro WX 4100
NVIDIA Quadro P4000
NVIDIA Quadro P2000
Entry 3D cards:
Radeon™ Pro WX 3100
Radeon™ Pro WX 2100
NVIDIA Quadro P1000
NVIDIA Quadro P600
NVIDIA Quadro P400
Professional 2D cards:
NVIDIA NVS 310
- Front accessible FlexBays support up to 4 x 2.5”/3.5” SATA HDD/SSDs and up to 8 drives with rear FlexBays populated with integrated Intel SATA controller.
Up to 10 x 2.5”/3.5” SATA/SAS drives - requires the Broadcom MegaRAID 9460-16i controller.
Up to 4 front accessible (hot plug) M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs in FlexBays on enabled PCIe chassis with integrated Intel controller (>2 drives requires dual CPUs. NVMe RAID 0,1 option (Intel RSTe vROC).
Dell M.2 carrier with PCIe SSD for PCIe FlexBay available as customer kit.
Up to 8 x M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs via 2 x Dell Ultra-Speed Drive Quad x16 cards (maximum requires dual CPUs), NVMe RAID 0,1,10 option on 1st card (Intel RSTe vROC).
M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Up to 8* x 1TB drives on 2 Dell Precision Ultra-Speed Drive Quad x16 cards. *Requires dual CPU config.
Front FlexBay M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs
Up to 4* x 1TB drives, 2 drives per CPU. *Requires dual CPU config.
2.5” SATA SSD
Up to 10 x 1TB drives
2.5” SAS SSD
Up to 10 x 800GB drives
3.5” SAS 7200 RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 10 x 4TB
2.5” SAS 10K RPM 12Gb/s
Up to 10 x 1.8TB
2.5” SAS 15K RPM 12Gb/sUp to 10 x 900GB 2.5” Self Encrypting Drives512GB 2.5” SED (OPAL/ FIPS (140-2) HDDM.2 PCIe SED SSD512GB and 1TB
- Bays: (4) FlexBays and (1) 5.25” FlexBay supporting up to 10 x 3.5” or 2.5” drives (with MegaRAID 9460i-16 controller)
(1) Slimline optical bay option adjacent to 5.25” bay; Available 2nd 5.25” bay – consumes/converts 2 FlexBays, (1) SD slot UHS ll Class 3 with read only support (SW enabled). Available PCIe chassis with PCIe FlexBays supporting M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs and future U.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs. PCIe FlexBay customer kit available
2 USB 3.1 Type A
2 USB 3.1 Type C
1 Universal Audio Jack
Up to 4 PCIe slots in PCIe enabled chassis for M.2 and U.2 (future) PCIe SSDs
1 USB 2.0
1 USB 2.0 header. (requires 3rd party splitter cable to support 2 x USB 2.0 Type A ports)
8 SATA @6Gb/s plus 1 SATA for optical
6 USB 3.1 Type A
2 RJ45 Network
1 Audio Line out
1 Audio Line in/Microphone
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0); Optional CAC/PIV card reader for slimline bay, chassis Intrusion switch; Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Kensington® lock slot, Padlock ring, lockable power supply; Optional hard drive locking sleds (key lock), Dell Data Guardian, Dell Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise.
- Height: 433 mm (17.13”) X Width: 218 mm (8.50”) X Depth: 566 mm (21.46”)
Starting weight: 20.4kg (45.0 lb)
- Energy Star® configurations available including 80 PLUS® registered Gold power supplies; EPEAT® registered (see epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country); China CECP; GS Mark. For a complete listing of declarations & certifications, see Dell’s regulatory & compliance homepage at dell.com/regulatory_compliance
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment