- Easy To Use: Easy to learn and easy to use, V-Ray works seamlessly with Rhino’s versatile 3D modeling tools.
- Quality: V-Ray lets you render the highest quality images possible – right in Rhino.
- Power: V-Ray gives you the power to render anything and everything – from quick concepts to your largest and most detailed 3D models.
- Speed: Render fast, design faster. V-Ray for Rhino lets you spend more time being creative and less time waiting.
- Creative Control: Focus on design, with a full set of creative tools for lights, materials, and rendering.
- The Industry Standard: Top designers rely on V-Ray every day to visualize world-class products, buildings and more.
- Supercharge Rhino
- Do more in Rhino than ever before – It’s simple. V-Ray Next lets you accomplish more in Rhino than ever before. It’s faster to showcase your designs in their best light. And an array of new tools makes it much easier to manage and render your scenes — even the crazy complex ones, right within Rhino.
Superior Grasshopper support – With V-Ray Next, you can do more in Grasshopper than ever before and get the advantage of powerful capabilities. Render your parametric designs directly without needing to “bake” or export. Animate Grasshopper definitions as well as cameras and sunlight, and measure real-world illumination values — all right in Grasshopper.
- Work Faster
- Powerful asset management – The new asset management system helps you keep track of everything in your scene and streamlines your entire workflow. Now it’s quick and easy to preview and manage lights, materials, textures and more all from a single location.
Simplified Render controls – V-Ray Next for Rhino includes a redesigned interface that is more intuitive and easy to use. From the new camera layout to the simplified render controls, you’ll spend less time navigating and more time designing.
Enhanced lighting workflows – V-Ray Next for Rhino comes with lighting workflows that include the use of adaptive learning techniques to render a perfectly exposed and color- balanced image. Save time and efforts to with the automatic analysis of your scene.
New materials and textures – V-Ray Next for Rhino add new textures and materials to give you more control over the look of your scenes. The V-Ray material now supports PBR metallic reflections that are popular in game engines and other tools like Substance Designer. And for fine- tuning textures, colors can be adjusted using RGB or HSV curve controls.
- Render Faster
- Next level performance – V-Ray Next for Rhino comes with a handful of speed boosts across the board. Performance optimizations increase the render speed with up to 50%. New shaders pump up the render speed too and in addition, GPU becomes 2x faster.
New Denoiser – Instantly remove noise while you render using the new NVIDIA AI Denoiser. And with the improved V-Ray Denoiser, you can denoise each render element for even more control in post-production.
- CPU, GPU, and Hybrid Rendering – V-Ray Next for Rhino comes with two powerful rendering engines. You can choose between GPU and CPU or Hybrid rendering to best suit your project needs and requirements.
Denoiser – Easy to set up and use to refine settings, even after you render. Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
Interactive Rendering – Render while you design. See results right away as you adjust lights, materials, and cameras.
Render Elements – Render separate layers for more artistic control in image-editing software.
V-Ray Swarm – Render with maximum power using V-Ray’s new simple and scalable distributed rendering.
Animations – V-Ray for Rhino enables light studies, turntables and fly-through animations rendering and an optimal way
V-Ray For Grasshoppher – V-Ray for Grasshopper is now quicker and simpler with new preset lighting and material setups. Grasshopper objects can be rendered directly as part of the Rhino scene without baking geometry.
Chaos Cloud – Rendering on the Cloud is just one click away.
- Adaptive Light – In scenes with many lights, Adaptive Lights mode can help you speed up render times by up to 700%.
Light Instance – Lights can be instanced and controlled as a single light in the Asset Editor.
Global Illumination – Render realistic rooms and interiors with V-Ray’s powerful and fast global illumination.
Accurate Lights – Render natural and artificial lighting with a wide range of built-in light types.
Image Based Lighting – Light your scenes with a single high-dynamic-range image (HDRI).
Sun & Sky – Render realistic daylight for any time and any location.
- Smart UI – Simple and intuitive interface for an easy, quick and user-friendly workflow.
File Manager – Manage all of your scene files in one place. Set file paths, create scene archives, and keep track of assets like textures, IES files, and proxy objects.
V-Ray Color Picker – New color picker allows you to select color values in Screen sRGB (0–255) or Rendering (0.0–1.0) color space.
Frame Buffer – Track your render history and fine-tune colors, exposure, and more directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.
- Real-World Cameras – Work like a photographer with controls for exposure, white balance, and depth of field.
Virtual Reality – Render VR content for popular virtual reality headsets.
Interactive Lens Effect – Instantly add GPU-accelerated glare and bloom for added photorealism. Fine-tune lens effects interactively while you render.
- Materials & Textures
- Physical Materials – Create great looking materials that look exactly like the real thing.
Procedural Textures – Texture NURBS models with ease with a rich set of procedurals that don’t require UV unwrapping.
Native Materials Support – Render an enhanced version of your Rhino materials without converting them to V-Ray shaders.
Material Library – Select from over 650 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project.
- Atmospheric & Volumetric Effects
- Fog – Give your scenes depth with new realistic 3D fog and light scattering effects.
Aerial Perspective – Add depth to your images with realistic atmospheric effects.
Volumetric Material – Realistic material light scattering and translucency.
- Geometry Management
- Proxy Object – Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models. Easily add pre-animated 3D objects with animated V-Ray proxies.
Proxy Preview – Control the look of V-Ray proxies in the Rhino viewport. Select from Whole mesh, Bounding box, Point (Origin), Custom preview, and a new low poly Proxy preview mode.
Displacement – Quickly add surface detail without extra modeling. It’s perfect for architectural materials like brick and stone.
Grass and Fur – Create realistic grass, fabrics, and carpet with V-Ray Fur
Section Cuts – Render quick cutaways and cross sections with V-Ray Clipper.
V-Ray Scene Import & Export – Import and render V-Ray scenes from other applications such as 3ds Max, Revit, and SketchUp or share complete ready to render V-Ray for Rhino files.